Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday morning at Duke

Joe's temp this morning is back down to 98.3 after it went back up to 100.3 last night around 11pm. Before the doctor left last night (Dr. Yvonne Mowery) she said she had started his discharge papers so hopefully this mornings normal temperature will override last nights temperature spike.

Joe slept well last night. Turning in around 10pm and drifting off quickly after 2 nurse interruptions between 10 and 11pm. After that, the only interruption was at midnight when they came back in to hang a new bag of antibiotics. Sometime following that trip, I drifted off to sleep myself. At some point during the night, apparently his IV pump had come unplugged and the battery wore down so it went to beeping. It seemed like it beeped for 30 minutes but I'm sure it was no more than 1 minute before they came in and plugged it back in. It was probably my recliner that was at fault since the foot rest portion was the closest to the IV stand. Oops! A couple hours after that the antibiotics finished and of course the beeping started again. After that was hushed I just sat my chair up some and just dozed off and on until 6am when it started getting light outside. At that point the chair came completely upright. Joe woke up around 7:15 when the nurses changed shifts. Grace left us and Becke & Brittany are the nurses until 7pm tonight. Joe is now devouring his breakfast, I have had a small coffee and we wait for news. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...