Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Morning Walk

It's Sunday! That means a trip home for me to clean up, take Joes duty clothes, get clean clothes, feed Dolly, clean out her litter box and empty the trash. All in an hour. Then I returned, stopped downstairs for my Starbucks coffee and then up to 9th floor to Joe's room. Leah the nurse taped up his port area and he took his shower and then we went on our morning walk. This time back over the concourse past the Cancer Center to the Duke Clinic and over to the clinic parking deck. Taking that route is much nicer than just walking in circles around the floor. Of course I had to take photos.
The top left photo shows the Duke Cancer Center to the left (where the tallest part of the building is), another shot of the Duke Chapel spires from the concourse top right; bottom left, the Life Flight helicopters have been busy this morning; bottom right, the rendering of the existing hospital in tan and the new additions in white.  All totaled its a huge project.

I've been down to the Atrium Cafe and gotten my lunch and we are just waiting for Joe's to be delivered.  I'm not willing to wait too long before starting or else mine will be cold.  There are many things I will do for Joe, but waiting to eat and having cold fries is not one of them.

We missed being at church this morning and are so grateful to Jill Boliek for filling in for Joe.  He's really looking forward to choir practice Wednesday.  We are just hoping and praying the lab results in the morning are negative so that he gets out of here.

Ok, I've waited long enough.  My lunch is calling and Joe has been on the phone for the last 30 minutes so he probably won't even notice.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...