Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hopefully Our Last Night at Club Duke

The nurses have been watching the progress of the blood cultures from the lab all day and thus far there has been no bacteria growth. Just a few more hours and we will have hit the 48 hour mark. If we make it past the 48 hours with negative results, Joe Comes Home!!!---of course as I type this they just came in for vitals and his temp is slightly elevated - 99.2 - Normal folk consider that a slight fever however here it isn't. Jasmine however raised an eyebrow and told Joe that she will monitor the temp tonight. Prepare to be awakened during the night.

Speaking of sleep, this is why I don't like napping when Joe is awake. He always takes the most unflattering photos of me. I was trying to read some this afternoon when my usual Sunday afternoon drowsiness overcame me. Then out comes Joe's camera.


Ok, so besides my 2 chins and glasses on top of my head, not all that bad.  But his day will come.

Hopefully this is our last night at "Club Duke" although we could not have had better care and better people looking after Joe.  Everyone from the doctors, nurses, nurses assistants, food service personnel and everyone else we have encountered has been so caring and pleasant.  Thank you Duke!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...