Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yes, No, Maybe So


I went to work for six hours yesterday.  While I was there Joe had a visit from his mother and sister and then a former student and her mother stopped by.  Joe was thrilled and quite touched by the visit from Laura and Liz.  I really appreciate the visits.  They really were a spirit pick me up for him.  Then I received a Facebook message from Joe's former student, Thomas Beard, with a YouTube link to a performance of his playing Porgy in "Porgy & Bess".   He is magnificent and although Joe was smiling a huge smile while watching, there were also tears.  He is so proud of his former student.

Joe did sit up in the big blue chair last evening and even had his dinner there.  There is still dizziness, but a big improvement over the previous night.  During the doctors rounds yesterday, they did mention the possibility of Joe going home today, but until he can walk, I don't really see that happening.  Time will tell....yes, no, maybe so.

He slept very well last night (in fact he is still asleep here in the igloo), but so did I so I am not one to talk.  As soon as Modern Family went off, I turned off the TV and didn't rouse until they came in for blood to be drawn at 5:00am.  I'm sure that sometime during the night they were in for meds and vitals but I slept through it.  If Joe was coughing, it feel on deaf ears (plus the sound machine was going, drowning out background noise).  I'm going to shoot for getting to work at close to my regular time, since if they do discharge him, I will need to leave early.   Time will tell....yes, no, maybe so.

Again thank you for the cards, emails,calls, texts and prayers.  I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to each message.  Please know however that they are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...