Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quick Joe update

Joe has had a couple of very bad days. Major dizzy spells whenever he sits up or stands. Fever up to 102.7 tonight (down to 99.8 right now). Shortness of breath even when only taking a few steps. This started Saturday night after we saw a movie. While walking out he had a dizzy spell which required me and Jill to almost have to carry him back to a seat. It took about 30 minutes for the dizziness to subside. I think he also experienced a bit of a panic attack with this dizzy spell being so public. He was very stressed about it. Once I got him home I had to undress him and get him into bed rather quickly. He was able to play at church this morning but did experience several dizzy spells. Fortunately he sits 99% of the time. This afternoon he slept most of the afternoon since he had a lot of trouble sleeping Saturday night. He has experienced dizzy spells every time he stands. I know dehydration can cause those problems but the shortness of breath, and rapid heart beat when this happens concerns and honestly scares me. His voice isn't as raspy as it was the end of the week but he is coughing more often, still dry, no phlegm. His appetite is dreadful, barely eating. Today he had a sandwich and 4 small spoons of oatmeal. He could not eat tonight at all.

I have already been in touch with his oncologist and we will be at the Duke Cancer Center early tomorrow for labs, seeing Dr. Zafar and fluids infusion. The labs will also be drawing blood for cultures to see if there is something new causing the fevers.

Joe feels terrible and I am reaching a critical stress level which doesn't comfort him much.

Prayers, prayers, prayers, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...