Saturday, January 12, 2013

Brief Saturday Night Update

Today has been quite unpleasant. Joe has been having breathing and dizziness issues all day. Other than bathroom trips, he spent the entire day in bed. His appetite, practically non-existent. One positive; his cough has been much better today and with less cough medication even. He is allowed three of the "pearl" pills, but after taking one this morning, didn't take another until bedtime. He also only needed one dose of the Tussin DM.

The other thing today was my phone call to the on-call hospice nurse about Joe's increased dizziness. I think in the span of our 3 minute conversation she mentioned letting Joe "die in peace" four times. Needless to say it was not a good conversation and ended with me saying something to the effect that since she wasn't going to be of any assistance I'd just hang up. A few minutes later, the hospice social worker called and was asking me about Joe and I mentioned the conversation with "Evelyn" and she said that she thought she might give hear all herself. Amazingly enough, a few minutes later, Evelyn called with a much different demeanor and actually offered some helpful guidance. Have I mentioned that I'm still in the angry phase??

I did manage to get all Christmas decor down with the exception of the tree. I will tackle that tomorrow. Christmas trees are the bane of my existence. I never want to put them up. It takes too long, but Joe insists. So now I've got to take it down. Anyone care to wager how many ornaments will accidentally get broken?

Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day. Thank you for the prayers and good wishes. I know there is a stack of Facebook messages that I have not attended to, but other than popping on to send happy birthday wishes, I just haven't been online today. I will get to it eventually. Sleep is coming for me so I will close.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...