Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Joe's Memorial Service

It is so surreal for me to be writing this. Sleep isn't coming easy and I've been reading the posts on Joe's Facebook page as well as on the blog. I was looking at E numbers and on Joe's Facebook page since people learned of his death Sunday night, there have been over 450 posts in which he was tagged by friends and former students expressing their grief at his passing and thanking him for being as so many put it, "the best teacher they ever had". That was my Joe.

The memorial service for Joe will be this Saturday at 2pm at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, 4415 Pleasant Grove Church Road, Raleigh, NC 27613. Joe has had such an impact on so many lives and we wish to honor him in a simple service filled with music in the place we call our church home. We hope to be surrounded by family and friends as we celebrate Joe's lasting influence on our lives. Thank you for the huge outpouring of love on his Facebook page. I know that this wonderful man that I was blessed to spend the last 15 years with is seeing and listening to all the wonderful tributes and smiling. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff - I have been thinking of you and praying for you these past few days. Joe was such a special person and influenced so many lives. I am so thankful for his special bond with my daughter Jill. He gave her such encouragement, love, support, and happiness - what a void there will be for her! I am praying the peace that passes all understanding that only God can give for you all - may God Bless You!
    Jan Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my thoughts knowing these days must seem insurmountable. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...