Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Things That Go Bump In the Night

At a little before 5:00 am this morning, here in Duke Hospital, Joe woke up and had to go to the bathroom. Unfortunately, I was asleep and did not realize he had gotten up, until I heard the loud bang. Joe had gotten dizzy and fell in the bathroom. He hit his head in three places and they have now taken him to get a head CT scan just to rule out any damage. No one is to blame but he is now under no circumstances to get out of bed without assistance. Needless to say it was a rude awakening for me and I'm a bit rattled by it. Amazing how many nurses can appear so quickly. Within 20 seconds of me hitting the call button there were 7 nurses in here. No long after that, the doctor appeared and ordered the scan upon examination of his head. Things that go bump in the night are real!.....and scary! Anyone have a spare tranquilizer??? Sigh........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...