Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Week Has Passed

Tonight at 7:00 pm, it will have been one week since Joe passed away. Yesterday was the hardest, yet one of the most beautiful days of my life. His memorial service is something I will never forget. Especially the words spoken by Rev. Jay Minnick, Rev. Meredith Snider and Lucinda Sullivan. But the best part was the music. I felt Joe there and he was so proud, touched and overwhelmed by it all. A special thanks to Jill Boliek, Jeff Whicker, Dave Rivers, the PGUMC Chancel Choir and the 50+ other colleagues, friends and students who joined in the mass choir to celebrate Joe's life. Nothing would have made him happier than to see all those people singing for him, in celebration of him and his impact in their lives. Joe was loved and admired by so many.

Also a big thank you to Dave and Kelsey for making the simulcast in the fellowship hall happen. I am so very grateful to you both. There will be a podcast available of the service. Once it is live and I have the link, I will post it so that everyone who was unable to attend can see, hear and experience this most wonderful tribute to my Joe.

Yesterday during the reception so many people asked how I was able to deliver the eulogy. My answer is a question and it is quite simple: How could I not do it? Joe Lupton was and shall always be my everything. He inspired me, guided me, took care of me. What I did for him during the time of his illness, pales in comparison to what he did for me every day before that as well as during his illness. I was always his primary concern. I had to let everyone know that played a part in his life just how much he cared for them and how much they were loved.

This next week will probably be the hardest as I start the task of getting all the financial and business taken care of. Thank you for all that everyone has done for me and our families this past week. I love each of you and am so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry I could not attend the service. You will indeed have hard days but you will start having good days also, you know Joe would want you to keep that smile shining even tho there may be tears in your heart. Try to keep yourself busy and let friends do things for you when you need help and when you just need their company. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers. - Renee C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought of you last night. Hope today was okay. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...