Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hopefully the last night at the Club Duke Spa (hospital)

Joe is now on oral antibiotics so hopefully when the 48 hours are up from when the last lab cultures were taken there will be no growth of bacteria and he can go home. That blood was taken around 3:30pm Wednesday. So cross your fingers that we get good news tomorrow.

Joe had a good day. It was quiet, he watched some tv shows and walked 18 laps around the the 9300 floor. That's approximately a mile so at least he got some exercise. Tonight we were visited by Lucinda and Harrison Sullivan, which was great!

Joe has already turned in. The sound machine is going, tv is turned off and it's just me in the light of my iPad. I've taken my meds so hopefully soon sleep will come for me. Continued gratitude for all the prayers and good wishes. I am so looking forward to Joe coming home. As I've said before, hospitals make my head numb.

Thanks to Lucie, Ginger, Sarah, Chastity and all the staff on 93. As always, you do a wonderful job looking after Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...