Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thank Goodness it's the Weekend!

We are so glad it's the weekend.  We were able to sleep later this morning with no alarm clock waking me up before dawn, and subsequently waking Joe up.  He has slept better the last 2 nights without the bouts of nausea.  One of the best parts of this weekend is that we have tickets tonight for Carol Burnett at DPAC.  Carol Burnett has been a life long favorite of Joe's and he is extremely excited to get to see her tonight.  We just need to make sure that he doesn't overdo anything today to assure he feels up to the trip tonight.  But something tells me he will insist on going regardless of how he might feel.

Yesterday, I learned I have a fracture of the cuboid bone in my left foot (I had no idea what the bone was either- I had to Google it) and there is a possibility of a torn tendon around the outside of the my left ankle.  The MRI at the Duke North clinic was malfunctioning, so I have an appointment next week at the Southpoint clinic.  The advice the orthopedist gave me was, "get used to the boot".

Joe has been out 2 times this week, once to Costco (Mike took him) and then yesterday he went to Cheesecake Factory with Desiree.   Today Joe is busy doing laundry and giving me a hard time. Seems like old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...