Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Tornado comes to town

As the tornadoes screamed across NC today, Joe was practicing organ in Raleigh at PGUMC.  I think he was thrilled to get on the organ and play.  His enthusiasm was evident by the sheer volume.  I think he got out some tension by really banging away on it.  But then the power flickered off and back on.   Then a few minutes later there was a snap, and with that, Joe quickly turned off the organ.  Better safe than sorry.  About 5 minutes later the power once again went out. This time for quite some time. However, with the heavy rain and hail coming down outside, we just stood there and watched the rain until it slackened up enough for me to hobble to the car without getting drenched.  Then I drove around to the side and picked Joe up so that he too wouldn't get soaked.   We then drove back over to Croasdaile Village where we had left Joe's mother visiting her cousin who lives there.  I guess I forgot to mention that Joe's mother is visiting this weekend.  Bettie and crew dropped her off on Friday afternoon on their way to Charlotte and will stop back by on Monday on their way back home.

Last night we had a wonderful dinner over at the home of our close friends, Lara, Joe & Ethan Wood.  The highlight of the evening was her very green key lime pie.

Tomorrow is Joe's first day back playing at church.  I know the congregation will be excited to see and hear him play.  I'm looking forward to it.  He has had a really good week this week.  The fevers and nausea have been minimal and he was even able to get out and drive his own car to Costco (even though AAA had to come get it started).  Nothing, and I mean nothing comes between Joe and Costco for very long!

A special thank you this week to Harrison and Lucinda Sullivan.  Harrison, you really came through for us and it is so greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...