Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Joe's Back at Choir Practice

Tonight is a big night for Joe.  He is back at choir practice tonight at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church for the first time since Feb. 16th.  As I sit here typing I hear the choir and Joe on the piano on the other side of the church.  And I must say, they sound pretty good!!  He has so looked forward to this day.  It warms the cockles of my heart knowing how much this means to him.  I should have brought the Flip camera for a "first time back at rehearsal" video.  Maybe next week I'll do a "2nd time back at rehearsal" video.

Got my MRI results back. I have a nondisplaced fracture with numerous contusions surrounding it and a tear in the peroneal tendon.  However, the tear is small enough that both my orthopedic doctor and the surgeon feel there is no need for surgery!  YEAH!  Just continue with wearing the boot until I can tolerate a shoe, continue to elevate when possible, and ice when swollen (which is pretty much all the time except right after I get out of bed of a morning).

Thanks for all the inquiries and prayers.  Joe and I are both truly blessed by the people in our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...