Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tomorrow could be a big day

Tomorrow, Monday, could be a very big day for Joe.  First he has an oncologist appointment at Duke at 10:20am, then a noon appointment with his surgeon and if they give the go-ahead, then he will have his first IV chemotherapy session at 1:30pm.  The last few days it has been obvious that Joe is very nervous about the possibility of the chemotherapy starting back.  While he knows it is what is best medically for him, he is anxious about what the side effects can be.  I'm just anxious about everything.  His incision hasn't fully healed and I'm not quite as optimistic about the chemo beginning tomorrow as Joe seems to be. But then again, I have been known to be wrong before.  I can't seem to recall a particular instance, but I'm sure there must be one or two.

We had a great day today, which was my birthday.  We went to church where I got 2 Hershey's Kisses, ate BBQ for lunch, back home for an afternoon of napping on the couch, then we saw the musical "SHREK" at DPAC this evening.  The best was that Joe has felt good all day and we got to spend the day together.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes today and for all the continued prayers and good wishes for Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...