Monday, March 14, 2011

No Early Release....

Well I have had my instruction on how to cut the sponge to fit the open incision, insert the sponge in the open incision, cover the sponge in the open incision, cut the opening for the pump suction attachment in the sponge in the open incision, attach the suction to the pump and turn the pump on, while looking for a good seal and check for any air getting in.  Now if the Home Health care people would just get here and give us the "take home" model of the pump then Joe can get out of here.  If it had not been for the "pump" instruction, my day would have been better served at work.  I think Dr. Tyler was a little overly ambitious in thinking this would all be resolved today. So with all that said, we've had a typical day at the hospital.  I've had a running rivalry with Vanita, the "Queen" of the galley (i.e. food service and where the ice/water machine is for this floor) over her being a UNC fan.  The galley is her domain and no one dare enter without her approval.  We hit it off well when Joe was up here for his surgery and so I am one of the few that is allowed in there unsupervised by her, so we renewed our good natured Duke vs UNC barbs on Saturday.  Needless to say she was not happy yesterday while I was on cloud 9!  However, today, when I walked down to the book store on the lower level of the Morris Clinic and picked up my 2011 Duke ACC Championship shirt, she was the first person that I proudly showed it to.  She reminded me that a few drops of accidental bleach might permanently damage it.  Therefore, I have packed the shirt away where it is safe <G>.

Joe went for a 9 lap walk around the unit today (that's 1/2 mile).  I wish I had my flip camera with me, but the phone camera got a little taste of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...