Monday, March 14, 2011

Disappointment with a capital "D"

Joe's insurance has been great....until today.  Now the battle is on to get them to approve the home version of the vac pump for his incision.  Seems they would rather pay out thousands per day for the hospital version of the vac pump than the couple of hundred per day for the home version.  Patient resources is doing their best to continue the battle so Joe can get out of the hospital....yes he is still here, unnecessarily.  Can you tell I'm a tad bit irritated? The only redeeming features, the staff here at Duke has been so great and I love the chicken tenders from the cafe!

Tomorrow I will go on back to work since it could possibly be another couple of days before there is resolution.  Better to just go through a regular day and hopefully just get a call to come get him.  I've had my operating instructions on the pump.  Joe just waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...