Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhhh....Saturday

What was supposed to be the day that I got the grass/weeds mowed in the yard has been altered to just be the day I sit around with frozen veggies on my foot!  Poor Joe, is being forced to sit and watch basketball with me all day.  He really would prefer not to watch, but being the "saint" that he is, he says "oh, it's fine".  Our family room looks like we've been through a natural disaster.
What looks like a "man purse" is actually Joe's wound vac pump.  If you look closely you will see the tube coming out of the black bag and up under his shirt to the incision.  Also close by are his cell phone, he can't be far from that, and some of his pills.
And that is my "boot".  Spent the morning with it off, putting frozen veggies on my foot to help swelling, but it's back on now so I can make the trek upstairs to try and get some laundry bags downstairs so we won't be stinking next week!

Ok, Joe got bored with basketball and went for a walk in the neighborhood.  I went out and sat on the front porch during half-time of the Florida/UCLA game. Joe ran into our friend & neighbor Ken (and Maggie too) during his walk and then when he got back home, MacKenzie was here to greet him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...