Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mid-week Update

Joe is having a good week thus far.  He has started taking pills to assist with his high blood-sugar and has to check his glucose level 4 times a day.  Learning to work the little machine was the most stressful thing that has happened this week.  I gave up in frustration after Joe's statement that "he didn't know he was going to have to bleed-out"  in order to get enough blood on the little strip for an accurate reading.  Finally after sulking for about 30 minutes, he broke down and read the instruction book...imagine that!

Tonight he had a great surprise when one of his all-time favorite people returned to choir practice.  Welcome back Marilyn!!!!!
I just couldn't help but snap a photo. It was so good to see her.

Joe is enjoying not having to get up and be at Duke at 7:30am each morning, but he is still nice and get's up and comes downstairs after I get ready for work.  Today he even had coffee ready for me when I got downstairs.  I think I'll keep him!  His color is improving every day and other than being tired in the evenings, seems to be feeling very good.  Tomorrow night, the 50+ group of people that he arranged to go to DPAC, mostly from Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, will see "Lion King".   As he keeps telling everyone, it will be his 4th time seeing it.  As always, thanks to everyone for all the prayers & good wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...