Sunday, January 23, 2011

I have been remiss in my duty

It was pointed out to me at church this morning that I have been remiss in my duty of reporting how Joe has been feeling following the stint replacement procedure on Thursday.  Other than feeling crappy on Thursday after the procedure and very tired on Friday he has done so remarkably well that we have had a full weekend and I have not attended to the blog.  Please forgive me.   He was doing so well that we took in a movie late Saturday afternoon and made a side trip to the grocery store afterwards (a much needed trip).
We saw "The King's Speech", a wonderful film where Colin Firth puts forth an almost assured Oscar nomination performance.  Of course, the Academy Awards are just around the corner, so Joe is insistent on seeing as many films as possible over the new couple of weeks - nothing new there! He wants to go see another this afternoon.
We go to Duke to see the oncologist tomorrow morning at 7:30am for blood work so they can be assured that his bilirubin level has once again started a downward trend.  I will be completely shocked if it has not...his jaundice appearance from last week seems to me to have almost completely gone.
A huge thank you to everyone at PGUMC, friends & family who have inquired about Joe, prayed for him and kept us both in their thoughts and lifted our spirits daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...