Monday, January 24, 2011

Last Duke Visit until Valentine's Day!

Early this morning Jeff & I went to Duke for my 7:30 a.m. oncologist appointment. It seemed very early in the morning as we pulled out of the garage at 6:55 a.m. Blood work was done first and then we waited a while to see Leigh Howard, the nurse practitioner. When she came in she asked us to guess what my bilirubin count was. Jeff guessed 1.8 and she said it was close so I then guessed 1.9 which was right on the money! Last week it was 6. So the stint replacement worked! My blood sugar is still high (being messed up by the pancreas!) so she has put me on a couple of pills a day to help control it and I will need to check my blood sugar level 4 times a day, before meals and before I go to bed. She said that more than likely this will continue even after my surgery so I'll just have to get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...