Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mid-week Recap

Okay, half way through the week at the beach (WOW time flies).  Here's the Readers Digest version mid-week update:
Monday: Down to the beach late morning, great weather, a little on the windy side, some time sitting at the surfs edge, some up under the umbrellas until......Joe decides that my umbrella is leaning too much.  Oh, and I'm laying back in my chair, eyes closed, listening to ipod.  All of a sudden the sun is bright and sand is blowing all over me, the reason? Joe has taken my umbrella off the pole and is trying to fix it, it blows inside out, I'm yelling at him politely inquiring what he is doing and why is he doing it.  Well maybe not so politely.  It's irritating to be brought back from a restful, relaxing situation to one of sun, heat and sand.  I have to get up and get my umbrella turned back outside in.  By then I am in a really crappy mood, I pack up my crap and come up to the house.  Joe follows quickly behind.  Quiet evening.
Tuesday: Down to the beach late morning, great weather, less windy, some time sitting at the surfs edge, and then back up to where Joe is sitting under his umbrella (I do not have a working umbrella anymore).  Joe goes down to the waters edge and relaxes.  Thunder starts, then lightening, then more thunder and very sharp lightening.  We pack up and return to home.  A little while later the rain comes and I nap on the living room sofa.  Dinner, then I throw up.  Well it happened so I might as well tell it.
Wednesday:  Suppose to rain and besides my lower back is hurting from sitting in the beach chairs so we take a vacation from the beach and go have lunch on the mainland (Surfers Cafe) and then go see two movies in Shallotte - Spiderman & Magic Mike.  Enjoyed Spiderman, and Magic Mike was ok.  We did learn details of the divorce proceedings from a woman sitting behind us as she talked to her mother on her phone.  Apparently the new girlfriend of the soon to be ex-husband sent her a friend request on Facebook.  She had a friend send the girlfriend a Facebook message explaining why the friend request would not be approved.  Also, she is taking his retirement money.   Seemed like it's going to be a nasty divorce.  After movies, drove home in the rain and had sandwiches for dinner.  TV tonight and maybe a little reading
A few last photos:
 Texting on the beach...it's what Joe does.
 Smiling for the camera...errr..phone
 Sitting under my umbrella before it was so rudely ripped from overhead.
 A graduate of sand castle building.
Joe chillaxing at the surfs edge.  It's much cooler with the water washing over your feet and under your chair.

I hope everyone back home is enjoying the cooler temperatures and has gotten some rain.  Apparently we have had some at our house so hopefully it will have helped the lawn and outdoor plants.  Enjoy the rest of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...