Saturday, July 7, 2012

Holden Beach, Here We Are!!!!

We made it safe and sound to Holden Beach yesterday. Joe was up at 5:30am packing yesterday morning. He did his best to be quiet but our house isn't that big that some clanking around isn't heard so I was awake soon thereafter. I however have the ability to go back to sleep so I did manage to stay in bed until a little after 7am. After a Hardee's sausage breakfast, we showered and packed up the car. We were on the road by 10:45. The big miracle is that we didn't have a single argument while getting ready!

We did have some drama after arrival, but I'll have to check with my family for permission before posting.

Also, Joe and I both managed to get a little sunburn on our faces after only 10 minutes outside. Nothing bad, but we both are very rosey cheeked. I'm having trouble with posting photos using the 3G so I'm having to resort to the laptop and it's physical ethernet connection.

But we are here, safe and sound and ready to relax!  And like I have told many friends, beware of the photos....I am taking them everywhere I go.  Of absolutely nothing, but having a blast doing it.

Our first stop is always at the Arby's near Leland.  It's the best way to start our trip.
There's the bridge off the mainland over to Holden Beach.  It's a very cool curved bridge.
As you head up onto the bridge, it appears like it just goes straight into the sky.
At the crest of the bridge you get your first glimpse of the ocean.  YAY!!!!!
Coming off the bridge you start to see the homes on the inland waterway side.
Our first stop was at the campground on the island to visit Phyllis, Woodie, Aimee and Sara.
We had to go find them on the beach, but there they were.  This is where we stood for the 10 minutes and got our heads burned (Joe's forehead, my whole head)
After an hour of visiting with my family at the campground, we went and got our keys to the "Pirate's Pride" (the house) and went on down to start unloading.   Doesn't Joe look precious.  He loves it here so much it just makes me smile to see him so happy.
Ok, here is the living room at the house.  We have photos of every room but I will spare you that.
Last year when we were here, we brought some "Laura Ann" clothes detergent that we had purchased on our last trip to the time share in the mountains.  The store brand of a store there.  When we left, there was just a little left in the container so we didn't bother to take it with us.  Well it appears no one else wanted to use it over the last year because it's still here!  I guess we will finish it off before we use the detergent we brought this year!  It's sad when no one wants your leftovers.

Having a great Sunday morning.  Joe has been texting and talking to Jill who is subbing for him at PGUMC (yes, texting during service...shame shame) and he made me chocolate, chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.  Now that is a vacation first!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff -- that bridge would be my worst nightmare. My brother and I were just talking last night about our horrible fear of bridges. He hates the curved ones and I hate the ones that look that they just drop off into the sky and you can't see the end -- so this one to Holden Beach would do us both in. Have a great trip -- we may pass you on the highway next Saturday as we head out for our week at the beach. Cindy H

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...