Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chemo Round 2: Or #1 at the New DCC Chemo Infusion Clinic

Today was Joe's second chemo treatment of this cycle but the first treatment in the chemo infusion clinic at the new Duke Cancer Center....and he was impressed!  His lab appointment was at 7 a.m. and he called me at 7:03 am and was already done with the labs and in the food court to get his breakfast.  His chemo appointment wasn't until 8:30 a.m. so he wandered around taking more snap shots of the center.  Mostly of views out the windows of the various waiting rooms, but also of his chair in chemo and the view from the window during the infusion.  That's right, there are actual windows.  You don't feel all claustrophobic like in the old center surrounded by walls and in close quarters to others getting their infusions.  Now you have views, there are curtains to close off your little room if you want privacy and even the person accompanying the patient has a nice chair that reclines (I can see me sleeping already).
The top 2 photos are of assorted waiting rooms, the middle two are looking out over what will be a lawn & garden at the entrance to the clinic when completed and the bottom two photos are Joe's view from his chair and then a photo of his chair (note iPad cover & Chic-fil-a cup - dead giveaway that he was there)

All in all the day went very quick for him and he was out at a decent time.  
Me, I was in CE class.  Although the instructor is entertaining, listening to someone talk about forms for 4 hours is not my idea of a good time.
But at least I have half my yearly credits done.  Just 4 more hours before June 10th and those I will do online.  Much easier and at my own pace (yes, I'll probably be trying to finish on June 9th).

Thank you for all the prayers and emails this week.  The outpouring of love and concern for both of us is much appreciated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...