Thursday, March 15, 2012

WooHoo! A New Record!!!!!!!

This is what I'm talking about!  I love the new Duke Cancer Center.  Joe had a 7a.m. lab appointment followed by an 8:20am chemo appointment.  He was done with the labs by 7:05am, in the food court getting his breakfast and then went on up and checked into the chemo infusion center.  They buzzed him for his chemo treatment around 7:55a.m. and had the saline (that comes before the chemo & steriods) flowing by 8:05 a.m..  At 9:06am, he had completed the infusion and by 9:15 was already out of the parking deck and on Erwin Road!  WooHoo!  He has a full day to relax and do whatever he wants with this behind him.  The other best part, no more doctor/chemo/lab appointments until March 29. 

Ok, Joe has been pestering me for weeks to post his photos of one of the bathrooms at the Duke Cancer Center. Why, I have no idea.  Seems a bit crude to me, but even last night on the way home from PGUMC choir practice, he asked me again when was I going to post them.  So in an effort to stop his whining, here are the 2 photos.  One outside the bathroom and one inside the bathroom.  I'm sure everyone will share my enthusiasm (sarcastic moment here) about these photos.

Water fountain outside mens bathroom (please don't ask me why he took a photo of this)
Inside the bathroom (note Joe's bag and Chic-fil-A cup - Again, I have no idea why this was so important to him)

But that's it for now.  Chemo cycle completed, a week off for Joe, and I continue my normal routine.  I hope everyone has a great week and I look forward to seeing some of you in the coming days.

Thank you for the continued prayers and support.  All our readers and friends are the best!!!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta admit, Jeff, I don't see the draw either, except maybe he's one of the first to break them in(the fountains and the toilet)? They are extra-sparkley clean :) Jean Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a woman, my first thought was that the urinals were stainless steel sinks-one for a shorter person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They arent urinals, they are water fountains :)

      Delete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...