Saturday, May 7, 2011

It Was a Good Day!

It was a good day today.   Both Joe and I got to sleep late, always a good thing and around 10:30am my sister Phyllis and my niece's Aimee & Sara arrived to spend the morning & early afternoon with us.  I know Joe was really happy to see them, but he was especially happy to see the strawberries that Phyllis brought.  They are from a farm in Fayetteville and she brought him some from there last year and since that time he has repeated time and time again that those were the best strawberries EVER!  Now he has 2 buckets full.

After he and Sara had their fill of strawberries we were off to lunch at Only Burger and then for the 2nd day in a row, over to Tutti Frutti for dessert.
Believe me when I say, we were all more than stuffed by the time we rolled back in the door of the house.  After the food digested, Joe and I took Sara outside for some photos of her by herself and with her Uncle Joe.

Later on in the day we ventured up to Hardscrabble for Katy Lupton's college graduation party.  Congrats Katy, we are very proud of you!  Luptons were everywhere!  I took the opportunity to snap a pic or 2 with my phone of Bettie and family.  I'm not quite sure where Josh had run off to at this point.

It was good to see everyone and I know they were all glad to get to see Joe and spend some time with him.  Thanks Ted & Ellen for the invitation!  
All in all this has been a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...