Monday, May 2, 2011

Chemo Day....again

7:20am appointment for lab work at Duke this morning followed by an 8am chemo treatment.  However, i don't see us getting up to the 2nd floor treatment center before 8:30am.  It usually takes 45mins-1hr for the lab results to be in and they will not do the treatment until the labs are in. Hopefully we won't be punished by having to wait too long for being late getting to the Treatment center.

Joe was exhausted yesterday and slept on the sofa most of the afternoon (I have to admit that I did too however).  He had a slight fever after we got home from church but took some tylenol and within a couple of hours his temp was back to normal.   He was nervous last night but slept pretty well.  I however, got about 2 hours sleep.  I could not get to sleep.  I kept going from being too hot to too cold, but I think most of it was in my head.  Just one of those nights where I couldn't clear my head.  Hopefully that means that tonight I will be able to get to bed early and off to sleep quickly.

Well Joe has just come downstairs and is taking his meds, so we will be out of here within the next 5 minutes.  I hope everyone has a good day and I'll post later today on how it goes with Joe and how he is feeling afterward.

Thank you for the continued prayers, get well wishes and support from all our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...