Friday, November 12, 2010

So How Did All of This Begin?

2 weeks ago tonight, I came home after a week of taking my mother & her best friend since they were 11 years old to Myrtle Beach for a week.  I had a wedding rehearsal first, came home and then Jeff & I went to eat at one of our favorite places, Rudino's.  When we got back home & standing in the harsh fluorescent lighting of our kitchen, Jeff looked at me and said "You're yellow!".  So he immediately sent me to the Duke Urgent Care near our home.  I spent a couple of hours waiting.  They did some blood work and told me to see my regular Dr. the next week for results.  I was able to see Dr. A the following Tuesday at Triangle Family Practice where she went over the lab reports & did more extensive labs and wanted me to have an ultrasound.  That was done last Friday at Durham Diagnostic Imagining.  Next I was called in for a CT Scan this past Monday and then Dr. A called and asked me to come by to let me know that a mass had been found on my pancreas.

1 comment:

  1. Joe and Jeff,
    Thanks for letting me know about this. Will be thinking you!

    It is weird to because I was just thinking about you, Joe, just yesterday, wondering how you were.

    I am now living in Woodcroft so am nearby if you need anything!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...