Friday, November 26, 2010

Best Laid Plans.....4th Trip to Duke

As many of you know, Joe had scans scheduled for today, Friday 11/26/10, at 1pm and at 3pm.  After overeating way more than either of us should have yesterday we tried to sleep late today.  The rise in overnight temps had made that difficult as both of us woke up in the weee hours of the morning hot.  It took awhile, but we both did manage to go back to sleep for awhile.  We both awoke around 7:30am to cloudy skies and finally went downstairs around 8am.  At 8:05am, the phone rang with caller ID: Duke Univ OIT.  I took the phone to Joe.  Guess what, they are calling to see if he can come in earlier for his scans.  Like now!
Well, of course we are more than happy to comply and get this out of the way rather than spending the entire afternoon at Duke, again.  So after 2 very quick showers and a hurried drive, we arrive at Duke at 8:55a.m, get checked in and traverse our way down the maze like halls of the Radiology Department at Duke.  So as of 9:15am, we are sitting in the waiting area outside of Nuclear Medicine, Joe in 2 lovely hospital gowns (very reminiscent of the photo from a post last week) and me with laptop on my knees.  And we wait.....
UPDATE: 9:18 am - Joe was just called for his first scan.
UPDATE: 9:54 am - Joe has returned from the nuclear scan with his pants almost falling off. Thank goodness for 2 hospital gowns!
UPDATE: 9:56 am - Joe has been called for his second scan and I begin my second episode of "Matlock" on the waiting room TV.
UPDATE: 10:10am - Joe is back, re-dressing and we are on our way out of here with the entire day ahead of us!  YEAH!!

1 comment:

  1. We loved seeing you Sunday. I think of you everyday and pray for you more than you know. I love you will all my heart Joe. I meant it when I said I can be there in an hour. Even if its just to watch a movie. Hugs and kisses! My big bro JOE!!

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...