Saturday, July 20, 2013

Vacation time comes to an end.......

Well vacation is over.  Actually I still have the weekend, but technically, since today was a workday, as of 5pm my vacation was over.  I can honestly say I'm glad.  Sleeping late is nice, but that is about the only good part.  Otherwise the days have been extremely uneventful.  I did come home early, getting in just before rush hour yesterday.  It was so nice to sleep in my own bed last night.  Today was a day of chores and a terrible movie followed by going by my office tonight to see how much work I would be looking at on Monday morning.  My reaction was something akin to PANIC!  Each of my 4 in-boxes were filled.  Instead of just looking, I sat down and worked for 3 hours.  Now Monday was be just another day.  I still should have enough work to make the day go by pretty quickly but I shouldn't be in full-on stress mode.

So a report on this past week.  What can I say other than it was a bit of a bore...a sad bore.  I'm still of the belief that going by myself was the best thing, but I really should have made some specific plans to do something, or gone somewhere that there was something to do.  But even though there wasn't a thrill a minute or a daily schedule of activities, I'm glad I went.  There had to be a first time, so at least I have that behind me.  I shed tears each day and even today when I was home.  I shed tears tonight while at the office by myself and I expect that I will shed some tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that.  I don't intend to sound pessimistic, just a realist.  I even had the loan officer at the bank in tears today.  Everywhere I go I guess I just spread sunshine!!!!!!1

On the positive side, I didn't gain any weight on vacation.  I actually lost 2 pounds.  However, I did eat a 12" sub from Subway tonight so my belly is sticking out much too much right now.  I assume however it will be back to a more normal state tomorrow as I start my return to a YMCA schedule. My plan is for 1 1/2 hours of cardio tomorrow.  30/30/30 - bike, treadmill, elliptical.  Maybe that will help me get back into the swing of things.

Thank you to all my friends and family who checked in on me while I was away.  I appreciate all the support that each and every one of you gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...