Monday, July 15, 2013

Be careful what you wish for.....


As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. It is sooooo true. My wish for vacation: quiet, peaceful, solitude. Well folks I got it. And then some! The word BORED comes to mind. So much so that it is almost a certainty that I will cut this trip shorter than planned and go home early. There is something to be said for being in your own bed, your own home. Especially when you aren't doing anything anyway. I might make a detour and visit friends on the way home however. Regardless, I feel sure that I will be home by Thursday...Friday at the latest. It might work out for the best as I have one piece of business that I should attend to and it can only be done during the week, during typical business hours. It can wait, but if I'm not doing anything anyway, why not now?

I did get a workout in today however. I jogged to the recreation center with the intent of just seeing what equipment they had.  However when I got there, I felt it incumbent on me to at least try a couple of the machines out. An hour and a half later, after time spent on the treadmill, bike and elliptical, I started the walk back to my unit. It was at that point that I realized just how tired I was and how I really didn't want to have to walk that far (it's about a mile). It was about then that I spotted a lone golfer on the golf course with his two sweater golf cart. I was just tired enough to ask a stranger for a ride. He was a nice enough stranger that he said yes and was very kind to deliver me just outside my building. After that, I took a long shower and after dinner, settled in for a couple of movies on Netflix along with a very nice bottle of wine. 

So here I lay waiting for sleep to take me. I must say that the bed is very comfortable here. With lots of pillows!   I'm sure I can do this until at least Wednesday. 

P.S. Tomorrow morning it will be interesting to see what my right leg looks like. I've managed to bump into or trip over three pieces of furniture today. I am such a klutz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...