Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Trip to Surf City

Last year, two of our best friends, Lara and Joe Wood, bought a townhouse at Surf City on Topsail Island. For over a year we have been trying to coordinate a time to come see them and the new place. Joe's unexpected health news last fall put a little wrinkle into making the visit. However, yesterday after church, we headed down for a quick overnight stay. The sunset was gorgeous.

The weather was wonderful, although somewhat overcast early Monday morning. By mid morning however, the sun was shining bright and we made our way down to the beach. Joe had his phone, so the only photographic evidence is from his phone and it takes crappy photos. We were only on the beach for a short time but upon returning home discovered both of us had a little sunburn on our legs and feet (burned my head too--curse of a bald head).
We had a great time and the entire trip would have been considered a resounding success had it not been for the drive back home.  Let's just say that I-40 East coming back from the beach to the Raleigh-Durham area on Labor Day afternoon is not a pleasant trip.   Stop & Go for more than 30 miles makes for a long drive.  But we made it back safe and sound, watched last nights episode of "True Blood" and plan to turn in early since tomorrow is back to work.    Joe has his CT scan on Thursday at Duke and then we'll have until next Monday to get the results.  We have our fingers crossed!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their Labor Day weekend, we sure have!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Surf City to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...