Monday, August 29, 2011

Put Him on the Phone!

Those were the words that Lola Elliott Hugh used during a phone conversation with Joe the first week of August.  The reason, I was having as they put it, a “hissy fit” over the wedding plans and preparations.   Why you ask, because the wedding which was now being planned from afar by Lola was, in my opinion at that moment, getting way to big and out of control.  When Joe and I first spoke of going up to Connecticut to do this, in my mind’s eye I had pictured going to the courthouse or town hall, wherever one gets a license in the State of Connecticut and after getting the license, having a Justice of the Peace or whatever town/county/city official could legally perform a marriage, take care of it dressed in our finest shorts & flip-flops and we’d be done in 10-15 minutes and on our way to enjoy a couple of days visiting with Rob and Lola.  However, apparently my mind’s eye was blind to the fact that Lola had a different set of plans.  First, after we had informed them that we wanted to come up in August and get married, Rob and Lola had been very excited and Lola had said, “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of everything”.  Good, right?  So I thought she would make sure where we needed to go, who we needed to see and they would be our witnesses.  Well she did all those things but she had more in mind than a simple ceremony on the steps of a courthouse.   
To read the full LONG post, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...