Monday, September 26, 2011

End of Chemo Cycle #.???????...Oh I've Lost Count!

This morning was the last in a 3 week Chemo cycle at Duke for Joe.  I've lost count as to which cycle this is, not that it really matters.  We were a little concerned from last week that he might not get to have his chemo treatment this week because one of his blood counts was low.  He had been warned last week to avoid anyone with sniffles, coughs or sneezing since the low count indicated he could very easily pick up something and his immune system would find it difficult to fight off.  Had the count been any lower today he wouldn't be able to have his treatment.  However, the count was the same, no better, no worse so he was allowed to go on for his treatment. 

He did get the idea last week that wearing the same clothes each week was not a good idea and this week surprised me by wearing something different and crossing his legs differently.  I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

He also got his Flu shot.  As you can tell by the look on his face, he is a really big baby when it comes to shots (of course, I am worse, so I have no room to talk).  Mark Bradford, his nurse, was extremely considerate and got the smallest needle he could find to give him the shot.  I guess it wasn't small enough judging by Joe's closed eyes.

But anyway, once Mark was through we left for the chemo infusion center where we parted ways and I came on to work.  Joe was finished with his treatment by 10:45am and on his way home.  Now he will have a week off, hopefully behave himself so there are no fevers and we won't be back until October 10th.

Hope everyone has a great week and thanks for your continued prayers and support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...