Thursday, June 23, 2011

T-Minus 1.5 Days and Counting

Yep...just 1 1/2 days until Joe and I leave for a week at the beach!!! I can't begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to a week at Holden Beach. It's been a couple of years since we were last down there and I have missed it. We are renting the house that we rented the very first time we stayed down there. It is an adorable one level just about 75 feet from the beach. It's called Pirates Pride and it is the cutest little blue house. I'm not sure how much online time I will log while down there. I have 5 new books to read and none of them are short ones. Between reading, lying on the beach and sleeping, I hope to rest A LOT!! I also hope that Joe gets even more rest. This will be his first real trip away from Durham since last October and he is due some relaxation.

This trip comes on the heels of a 6 day visit from Joe's brother Bill. We had a great time and it was so wonderful for Joe to get to spend time with his brother. Especially since his last visit was cut short in December by Joe's hospital stay.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and next week too. Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and support. It is so greatly appreciated.

P.S.  Joe's oncologist, Yousef Zafar, is the lead author of a study on "Out of Pocket Costs for Cancer Patients" and there is a recent article in the Wall Street Journal blog about the study.  You can read about it by clicking here .   It's very interesting and somewhat disconcerning to know how the insurance industry and those with limited or no insurance have their care impacted so negatively.  Joe is a part of the study that Dr. Zafar is doing.  Please take the time to read the article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...