Monday, June 6, 2011

Cycle 2: Chemo Treatment 3

As is usually the case, Chemo day starts off with a bit of a panic.  Panic to get up so early.  Panic to get ready quickly, panic to get out of the house on time and lastly panic to get though the lab & doctors appointment portion and make it up to the Chemo infusion center on time.  We are pretty good at all of this except the getting to the infusion center on time which is out of our hands.  As most of you know I am a bit of a conrol freak and hate to be late for anything so I stress over that part even though it doesn't seem to phase the workers in the infusion center at all.

We made it to Duke early, Joe got his lab work done early, saw the NP a little late and got up to the infusion center 30 minutes late so here we sit an hour past his scheduled time with him reading and me typing.

The doctors portion went well, but they suspect a little infection in his stomach/bowel area and so are going to start him on an antibiotic.   Appointments are scheduled for the next 3 week cycle with one week off for our beach trip.  Not that I'm counting but as of today we have 19 days before we leave!

Finally, into the infusion center at 11am and chemo running smoothly.  Out of there by 11:45 and home by 12:05...just like clockwork!  While I am changing into my work clothes, Joe made me a couple of PB&J sandwiches for lunch which I scarfed down in record time and got to the office just before 1pm.

Since this has been a less than entertaining post...haven't been able to muster up much humor today...not sure why, but since I didn't, here's a little comic relief.
And can anyone identify what this is (picture below, not above)

Continued thanks to all our friends, family and everyone who continues to pray for Joe.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's because I'm hungry...but to me it looks like a Moon Pie! Yummmmmmmm. Cindy Wiedel

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...