Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First Night at Duke & the Next Day

Joe ate well last night. Unfortunately, it didn't stay with him long.  He did however, get some nausea meds around 9:30pm after the doctor was finished examining him.  After Bill & Sandy left, he soon drifted off to sleep and eventually I put the computer up and tried to find the most comfortable position on the recliner. No easy task...but enough about me!  He was awakened every hour until 4am for either meds, vitals, x-rays or blood.  He'll need to come home just to get some solid sleep.  They are supposed to do either a CT scan or MRI this morning, but don't know what time.
10:45am - Joe returned from getting his scans and has decided to try and get some sleep before they bring lunch.  Still having stomach pain however, but the nausea is not as bad.
1:00pm - Came by during lunch and just my luck, he was getting his radiation treatment. 
6:00pm - I'm back at the hospital.  Joe now has his antibiotic and is feeling better.
But I don't think he's feeling better because of the antiobiotics, but rather because of the strawberry-banana smoothie from McDonald's that I brought him.
They are saying that there is a possibility that he may go home tomorrow morning, but we won't know for sure until later.  Having him back home would be the Best Thing Ever!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Joe! Just wanted to say I was thinking about you and Jeff! I hope you are feeling better tomorrow and able to come home! Stay strong and know that we are all thinking about you! I am getting updates from both the blog and from Renee! Feel better and rest well tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...