Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2nd NIght update

It's 5:45am on Wednesday morning.  Joe has had a more restful night than the previous night with fewer visits from staff. Only 2 that I am aware of, vitals @ 2:45am and blood drawn @ 4:45am.  He is still running a fever as of the 2:45am vitals, 101+.  The nurse came in right after the hematologist and hung a new bag of antibiotics and fluids for the IV so I'm hopeful that the new batch of "goodies" will help bring his temp down. It's been relatively quiet up here tonight. I didn't hear a single helicopter (the landing pad is right outside his window) unlike the previous night when 3 landed/took off.  Brrrrrrrr...it's cold! I'll update as soon as I know if he is going to be discharged or not.
7:00a.m. - They arrived early to take Joe to radiology for his treatment.  He bundled up (they have to go outside to get him there - currently the wind chill says 8 degrees) and left in the wheel chair about 7:10am. When they took his temp it was down to 98.2.  The nurses are going over the charts for the shift change.  Brrrrrr...did I mention it's cold?
9:25am - Joe will not be coming home today. They are adding a second antibiotic in hopes of getting his temp to level out.  Possibly he will come home tomorrow after his 7:30am radiation treatment.  Got my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...