Sunday, August 18, 2013

Anniversary

This will be a short one.  This has been a relatively good week though work has been slow and it has made for long days.  I worked out at the YMCA four times this week, followed by the sauna or steam room to relax the muscles.  Also on Friday morning when I weighed I had met one of my threshold marks: I broke the 225 lb barrier coming in at 224.6 lbs. YAY!

Friday night I was looking through some saved Word docs on my iPad and getting rid of some that I can't remember why I saved in the first place.  I came across the eulogy that I wrote for Joe's memorial service, re-read it and had a huge cry.  I talked to Joe's mom this morning and once again had some emotional moments.  For those that don't know, this Monday, August 19th, would have been our anniversary.  Another in a long line of firsts but this is a big one.  Not sure how well I'm going to deal with it come Monday as I am already having some issues.  A big help is that my nieces Aimee and Sara are here with me this weekend.  Being around Sara always makes me smile but she too is having a hard time being here without Joe around.  I may be a blood relative, but she loved her Uncle Joe something fierce and is still having problems with his absence.  But then everyone in both families are.

If you are reading this, please say an extra prayer for me in the coming days.  I know that it is going to be rough for me.

Joe, if you are watching me type this, know that I love you and my heart aches every moment of every day because of your absence,  but I know how truly blessed I am to have had such an incredible love with such an incredible man.  You were and are the love of my life.


                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...