Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 9,2013

Now this is what a Saturday is supposed to be like. Late to rise from bed this morning, followed by a light breakfast, a short nap on the couch, followed by lunch, another nap on the couch, putting in a load of laundry, followed by yet another nap and then around 3:30 pm I finally stopped the napping. Of course by then the day was pretty much over so I just finished my laundry and started my "Angel" marathon. That's also about the time I started sneezing again. Don't really think my cold is back, I think it was just dormant for awhile. Last night I had a sinus headache and this is probably just the pressure being released. Hopefully by morning I will be my old self.

The last few days have been okay. After the Time Warner debacle, I managed to take care of our Verizon Wireless account on Thursday evening. Although I had to go to two different locations (you have to have a death certificate for that too) the second Verizon store was able to get everything handled quickly. One more check mark on my to-do list. Last night I went out to dinner with the Minnicks and had a wonderful time. They are a great family to be around and distract you from your woes. This week I've had wonderful friends look out for me and take me to dinner. I thank each of them. You are all so dear to me and I am very grateful.

Tomorrow is church and then a short drive to Wilson to meet the Lupton's at Bill's Bar-b-que for lunch. Monday would be Joe's birthday and we are meeting to celebrate. We have done that several times over the years so we felt we should go ahead and do it this year in remembrance.

Thank you for the cards, messages, emails and phone calls this week. Each time someone reaches out it helps a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...