Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 20, 2012

It's been nearly a week since my last post. These 6 days have been filled with ups and downs as has become the norm. On the business side of things I've made some progress. Our joint American Express account has been dealt with and is now solely in my name as are the two timeshares. I had put off the call to American Express because Joe had set up several bills to automatically be charged to the card. I felt by early February that I had most likely gotten everything moved, but I wanted to wait until the end of the billing cycle on the 15th to be sure. Once that statement came, I made the call and cancelled his card and had the account transferred to my name. The timeshares I had just been lazy about. I knew it would be a hassle and I was right. I was on the phone for almost 1 1/2 hours this morning with Wyndham attempting to get everything taken care of. I'm glad I finally did it and it is over with, but it truly was the worst "account" I've had to deal with. The only thing left is going to DMV to get the titles on the cars changed to my name only. Of course there are the taxes to deal with, but I will have a professional take care of that this year. I think my head might explode if I tried to do it at this point. I received the last of the life insurance checks so I have a better idea of finances now. Still have Joe's 401k to deal with, but the forms the state sent make no sense to me, so I will have to get some guidance as to what is best on that front. (Bill and Fredda, I'll need some help from you on that front.....please.)

On the emotional front I still have ok times, not so ok times and then just plain bad times. Last weeks counseling at the Duke Cancer Center was intense for me and then the bereavement counseling through Hospice Tuesday turned out to be nearly as grueling. Talking for an hour through tears and sobbing is exhausting. After going back to work I was very zombie like for the rest of the day. Another session at the DCC is scheduled for this Thursday.

The good parts this week have been church on Sunday morning, Jake's 1st birthday party on Sunday afternoon and dinner with friends on Monday night.  Another good part was the blooming of Joe's poinsettia.  The first small bloom appeared on Joe's birthday and since then blooms have been appearing almost daily.  Each time I look at it I smile.  I know Joe is enjoying the color and is thrilled that it finally bloomed.  Maybe he had something to do with it.  Hopefully the remainder of the week will have some more good parts.  I'll keep my fingers crossed and say an extra prayer.  Thank you to everyone who continues to remember me in their prayers.  I am most grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...