Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Quick Addendum to Yesterday's Post - UPDATE

Joe had his ultrasound on his belly at 8am this morning at Duke Hospital.  Results, sure enough, fluid build  up in his belly.  They withdrew 10 pounds, yep, 10 POUNDS of fluid from his belly. Actually 4 liters of fluid!  That should hopefully make him feel much, much better and help to make his pants fit again!  I am so relieved.  They said this is common and could happen again.  Just keep a watch and if we notice a change (which I noticed 2 months ago yet no one would believe me) to go back and they can do it again.  Joe said it didn't really hurt so I am grateful for that.

This makes me feel a little better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...