Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2nd Day of Christmas Brings Discharge from Duke Hospital

Joe was released from Duke today around lunch time. Once we got home we made our Christmas lunch and relaxed for a while. A discussion of our upcoming train trip to Alexandria, VA did not go well since Joe and I were of different opinions as to whether or not to proceed with the plans. After much....errrr...discussion, Joe cancelled the train reservations. At least we got a full refund.

The CT scan results from yesterday showed growth in the lesions on Joe's liver. Not sure where we will go from here with regard to chemo choices. That discussion will be held with Dr. Zafar next week. Of course Joe is upset about it but he appears to be doing better than me. Maybe I've reached my breaking point. I don't know but all I've done since late yesterday is break out into sobs. Also I think I've gone past the limit of exhaustion. I wish I could sleep for the next week or longer.

No witty banter on this post I'm afraid. Just not in me.

Thanks for all the prayers, messages and get well notes. We appreciate each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...