Friday, December 7, 2012

Living with Saint Joseph

To hear many people speak of Joe, one might think they weren't talking about a mere mortal, but possibly Saint Joseph (not the baby aspirin). However, none of those people actually live with him. Living with Saint Joseph isn't exactly what one might expect. At home, although still his charming self, he allows other parts of his personality to come out. Now I'm not saying that those other parts of his personality aren't good ones, they are just human ones. The non-saintly ones. Such as tonight when he decides to use the cancer card to get me to do something he wanted. Tomorrow he wants to go see a show in Raleigh. He knows, because I have said so on more than one occasion that I wasn't really in favor of going, however he has mentioned it every day this week, including tonight...."Jeff, can we go see that show tomorrow?" Can't you just see his saintly little smile while trying to get his way? Believe me, it ain't pretty.

But he has had a good week. He has felt good although tires easily, but each day that has gotten better. He was able to make it to staff meeting on Tuesday and have piano lessons as well as meet me for lunch; choir practice on Wednesday went off without a hitch; piano lessons on Thursday; and Friday was another piano lesson, lunch with a group of friends, an afternoon of organ practice at PGUMC, followed by attending the chorus concert at Leesville Road High School (great job Erica Hardy & Julia Daft!) and then home to me for dinner. So here we sit catching up on the TV shows we've recorded on the DVR all week and I'm yawning and excited to get to bed and SLEEP LATE TOMORROW.

Short post - good week - looking forward to the weekend. Come see the kids of the PGUMC Children's Choir at this Sunday's 8:30 & 11:00am services. They've worked hard and we are looking forward to seeing them perform. Should be great!

Thank you to everyone for all your words of support and prayers. Joe and I are blessed to have so many people in our corner (although Saint Joseph probably doesn't need as many as I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...