Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Trip Begins

It was a rough start this morning with the loss of our precious Dolly, but we left for our Thanksgiving vacation in Sapphire Valley at mid-morning. It was an odd drive considering how the morning began but I think getting away will be perfect for us. We have been here countless times and love the quiet and serenity of the timeshare here. I am very hopeful that this week will do both of us some good. A little rejuvenation time and I can't think of a better place.
Late breakfast at Krispy Kreme.  Finally got my coffee and Joe got his pumpkin spice doughnuts. Lunch was in Brevard at Zaxby's. That's Joe at the front door of the time share.
Couldn't ask for better views from the condo in Sapphire Valley.  Can't wait to wake up to sun over the mountain.
The living room is dominated by a wonderful stone fireplace. Can't wait to have a fire tonight (I'm sure I'll get a photo).
We have a small dining area and an even smaller kitchen. But plenty big enough for the two of us!
Cozy bedroom and a small deck overlooking the recreation center and mountains beyond.

Thank you to everyone who has sent us words of comfort and condolence on the death of our little Dolly. I just have to post this photo since every waking moment of her eight years with us was spent with her daddy Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...