Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's My Blog and I'll Whine....errrr...Write If I Want To

First off, the good news. We did hear from the oncologist today about the CT Scan results. He was specifically looking for any visible sign of what might have caused Joe's severe back pain from earlier in the week: a spreading of the cancer to the bone or surrounding tissue, a pocket of fluid build up, or a new area of infection. Short answer; none of the above were found. The scan was clear of anything new. Probably just an old fashioned backache from lack of mobility, a wrong turning motion or a pulled muscle. Either way, nothing to garner any further attention or action. Very good news from my point of view. Also, as of today, Joe is off his antibiotics completely. No oral or infused antibiotics. The last time he could say that was on October 28th. YAY!!

Now my whining ( I know, two posts in a row but it felt so good the last time). How to drive on I-40 or any interstate. Those of you that were with us in Disciple Bible Study last year and earlier this year know that I have a few road rage issues. But they are not my fault. If others would just drive correctly I would be fine. Who out there knows how the flow of traffic should be on a three lane interstate? The correct answer is that the slowest cars/trucks/motorized vehicles should be in the far right lane, the fastest cars/trucks/motorized vehicles in the far left lane and those that are driving at speeds in between fast and slow in the middle lane. If you are in the far left lane and the traffic in the middle lane is going faster than you, then move over to the middle or right lanes. If you are in the far left lane and there are vehicles lined up behind you, tailgating you, move over to the middle or far right lane. In other words, if you are impeding the flow of traffic because you are driving in the "fast lane" and are not going "fast" - MOVE OVER!
I know many people tell themselves that if the speed limit is 70 and they are doing 70 then they can be in the left lane. However, there are those of us who drive faster than the posted speed limit, especially on their way to work in the morning, and would find it beneficial if you did the posted speed limit in a different lane. Try 70 in the middle lane, you'll like it. I leave the house at 7:40 am every morning to drive the 1.5 miles to get to I-40, then 10 miles on I-40, and the approximately .75 mile from Exit 266 to my office in Chapel Hill. It takes every minute allotted to get there by 8 am. If there is someone in the far left or middle lanes dragging along, then I am late. I am the first person at my office. No one else is there for 30 minutes. I have no one to vent to if I have encountered difficulties. Do you know how frustrating it is to be frustrated and have no one to vent your frustration to?? Do you? I do. Practically every weekday. So next time you are in the "fast lane" and you see a silver Suzuki Grand Vitara with a DUKE license plate on the front in your rear view mirror, either speed up or move over, or you will be contributing to road rage frustration.

Wow. That felt good, but not as good as knowing that Joe's issues this week are not cancer related. We even went out to dinner tonight to Outback (Joe had never been to an Outback....hard to believe) and stuffed ourselves silly right down to the greasy bloomin' onion...we may both be throwing up tonight for a whole new reason!

Thanks for all the words of support and the prayers. We are extremely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...