Friday, September 21, 2012

Revenge is Sweet

Yes I know, we have been pretty silent on here for the past week.  There are 2 reasons: (1) there really hasn't been any health updates with Joe.  He has felt pretty good with occasional periods of nausea along with fatigue.  Neither however has kept him from going about his regular activities.  (2) "Revenge"  the tv show.  We didn't watch the first season last year but lo and behold, season one is on Netflix streaming.  Pretty much every waking hour when not working or sleeping has gone into watching the entire season.  Believe me, it is addictive!  There isn't a single character on the show with any redeeming qualities and that's what makes it so good.  You can't help but love to hate them all.
Friday and Saturday Joe will be attending the NCACDA fall conference in Greensboro, on a limited basis (its a choral directors thing).  Rather than two full days, he will be doing two partial days: lunch time to 5 on Friday and morning to lunch on Saturday.  I'm not extremely pleased, but I know it's important to him to go see choral friends from the past 35 years as well as attend some of the sessions like he has always done.  Therefore I haven't put up too much of a protest.  Of course I worry over him being out of town without me (I know, it's only an hour away...not exactly a third world country).  The high ragweed count in the air has given me a certain nasal quality & sneezing, and allergy meds make sleeping quite easy (after a couple of episodes of "Revenge" of course) so Im sure I will be snoozing away before he gets home on Friday and when he leaves on Saturday.
He resumes his chemo schedule at the Duke Cancer Center on Monday.  This time it is an early one with labs at 7:20am, doctors appointment at 8:20am and chemo infusion to begin at 9:30am.  I have my fingers crossed that things run close to on time so he doesnt have to be there after 5pm like the last time.  If he were to manage to get in there by 9:30am, he should be out around 2:30ish.  But neither one of us is holding our breath on that one! 
Thank you as always to everyone for your prayers and expressions of concern and support.  We are truly blessed to be surrounded by so many loving and caring friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...