Monday, September 10, 2012

Chemo day is Here

Joe had a terrible night last night. The back pain continued and he was very restless, not getting much sleep. I'm sure his blood sugar will be high this morning. I did finally get him to eat part of a lightly toasted bagel around 8:30pm. His nausea continued throughout the night and he did get up around 2am to throw up. After that he said the nausea did subside some, but the pain continued. His labs are set for 8:30 this morning and doctor appointment at 9:40 followed by chemo at Duke. I had planned a doctors appointment of my own this morning but have canceled so I will be there for his doctor appointment. I'm just a little obsessive about making sure he tells all that has gone on this weekend.

Meredith Snider sent Joe this photo from yesterday's service, taken during the "special presentation". I love the look on his face. You would never know he was in severe pain when this was taken. He looks incredibly handsome, peaceful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...