Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Weekend

I wanted to take a moment and express appreciation to everyone who came out last night to Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church for the Maundy Thursday service. The choir did an incredible job, as did the musicians and Rev. Jay Minnick. Bravo to each of you. The "Shadow of the Cross" is an emotionally stirring cantata and something everyone should experience at least once during Holy Week. But I have to say an especially big JOB WELL DONE to Joe. It was his job to pull it all together with working with the choir and making sure everyone was in the right places at the right times. He did it flawlessly. I know I'm prejudiced but I don't think anyone could have done it all better. Apparently many people agree with me on how beautiful and moving the service was as I heard many comments last night and have gotten many messages today. The crowd was twice as large as last year which was incredible. I also want to say thank you to so many of our fellow Thursday night Bible Study group for coming out. It was great to see you.

Today after work we went back to PGUMC for the Stations of the Cross. A time to quietly reflect on the Easter season.

Joe's choir has special anthems for Easter Sunday as well. They will sing at both the 8:30am and 11:00am services. If you don't have plans for church this Sunday, we would love to see you at Pleasant Grove.

But tonight, enjoy your Good Friday and the beautiful full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...