Monday, October 24, 2011

Early to bed, early to rise

On Monday nights before Joe's appointments, that saying is quite accurate.  Joe was up at 5:50 am this morning and I followed soon thereafter. We arrived at 7:15am at the  Duke Clinic for his 7:30 labs.  We split at the first floor stairs, me heading for coffee and Joe's lemonade and him to check in.  At 7:40am he was called for his blood work and now we wait for the doctor.  But the real question of the day, whose picture will I take without their knowledge and post?

Dare I say it?  Maybe we are going for another record.  It's 8:00 am and Joe has already had his vitals and we are back in an exam room.   Maybe this week I'll be less than an hour late for work.  Maybe it's because there apparently are not many early appointments as is evident by the nearly empty waiting room pictured here.  

Guess the few here were the lucky photo op people. Regardless, it's fine with me to get it over with quickly, as I'm sure it is with Joe.

While waiting, Ill digress:  We had a very quiet weekend even though I mowed the front yard on Saturday and the back on Sunday.  It's so much easier and much less of a hassle to split it up.  Thank goodness for a fenced backyard since I can let that go a little longer than I should without our neighbors having to look at it.  The rest of the weekend consisted of me and Joe laying around on the couch watching shows that were DVR'd for the last 2 weeks (with me sleeping through much of it).  Speaking of which, I need some opinions, is it fair to take a picture of a person asleep on the sofa without his knowledge when he is not very well dressed and looks like something out of Lord of the Rings?  I personally don't think so especially when said photo is VERY unflattering.  I would post it but I have to retain some degree of dignity.  Sunday was typical with church arrival at 7:30 am then off to McDonalds for breakfast between the early and late services and then back for the 11:00am service.  Afterwards out for lunch (thanks for the coupon Allana), a brief stop at two Home Goods stores then home for the rest of the day.  As soon as The Good Wife was over we were off to bed so we could make the early arrival which brings us back to now.  All in all, a very good weekend with some much needed rest for both of us.

But back to the appointment.  Princess Leigh (Mark gave her that name, not me or Joe) was back in the exam room around 8:30am and we were out at the check out/appointment  desk by 8:45.  I dropped Joe off at the infusion center 5 minutes later and I was on my way to the office.  Joe met me for lunch in the afternoon and then accompanied the Durham Childrens Chorus Training Choir later this afternoon.  Tonight he says he is tired and has a bit of a scratchy throat.  Hes going to have to take some aspirin (along with all his other pills) and make it an early night.  Best thing is that this is the end of a cycle so he doesnt have another treatment until November 7. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...