Monday, July 18, 2011

Trip to Duke to See the New Surgeon

We made it to Duke with a couple of minutes to spare thanks to my excellent driving skills and ability to find parking spaces in the parking deck. We were not in the waiting room but 5 minutes before Joe was called back for vitals and then just a few more minutes before his name was called again to go back to an exam room. Sitting in here at 2:15pm. Care to wager how long before Dr. Perez arrives?  The answer was: 15 minutes.  Although he might as well not have ever come in as far as I am concerned.  (This is where my opinion and Joe's opinion differ widely).  The summary of what this doctor had to say was: since you are not doubling over in pain or are not continuously vomiting he would prefer to wait.  That message seems to me to be in direct opposition to what Dr. Tyler said last week.  We basically spent a lot of money to have the doctor examine him for 7 minutes and give him his business card and say, "call me" when your symptoms get severe.

Joe is taking it lying down (literally - he is laying on the sofa), I on the other hand have already sent a message to Dr. Tyler expressing my displeasure and asking for some explanation or clarification.  I'm extremely unhappy with today and so it is very quiet in the Lupton Holland household right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...